Holland America Line Senior Accountant in SEATTLE, Washington
Service Excellence. Performance. Integrity. Teamwork. Consistency. Innovation.
We welcome your interest in joining the Holland America Group - a division of Carnival Corporation. The Holland America Group includes Holland America Line and Seabourn (both headquartered in Seattle, Washington), Princess Cruise Lines (headquartered in Santa Clarita, California), and P&O Australia (headquartered in Sydney). The Holland America Group operates a combined total of 41 cruise ships with over 36,000 employees worldwide. The HAP Alaska / Yukon division supports all brands with the operations of motorcoach, private railcar and custom built hotels in Alaska and the Yukon. This position will be located in our Seattle offices.
Supports HAP Alaska / Yukon land operations as required by
1) performing moderately complex accounting activities related to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger and the resultant managerial reports and financial statements
2) preparing analysis, calculations and reconciliations of a variety of financial documents in preparation of financial close
3) Carrying out management responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies, objectives and applicable government laws and regulations.
The job’s most essential functions and responsibilities:
• Examines a variety of accounting documents to verify accuracy of computations and to confirm all transactions are properly supported according to established accounting standards.
• Prepare and reports, schedules and summaries; identifies and reports on inconsistencies or errors and recommends solutions.
• Performs analysis and reconciliations associated with general accounting.
• Validate supporting documents for accounts receivable are appropriate.
• Assists with monthly and quarterly close functions.
• Prepares accurate and timely journal entries.
• Review and approve journal entries in accordance with group and company policies.
• Trains accounting and operations staff on procedures and system use.
• Assists in documenting and updating accounting policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the employment, supervision, performance management, salary administration, discipline, and training of directly assigned personnel.
The level of education, experience, specialized knowledge or skills necessary to perform the duties of the job.
• This job normally requires a professional level of knowledge in accounting equivalent to that, which would be acquired through the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting. Demonstration of directly related work experience, which has provided an equivalent breadth, and depth of knowledge may be considered in lieu of the educational requirement.
• Proficiency in the use of computer business applications, utilizing advanced spreadsheet applications; working knowledge of computerized accounting systems is preferred.
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, maintain an attention to accuracy and detail, while working in a team or group environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing, with all levels of employees, management and customers.
• This job normally requires four years related experience in accounting or finance. Demonstrated supervisory experience in a business environment is required.
Flexible Work Schedule! 9/80 alternative workweek schedule providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
•Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus vacation time and paid sick time
•Travel - Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
•Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
•Wellness - Health and wellness programs include, onsite exercise classes, onsite nutrition and lifestyle classes and discounted gym memberships
•Tuition Reimbursement - up to 75% with a maximum of $2000 per year
•401(k) - Company match up to 6% of salary at 50% for the first 5 years and 100% thereafter
•Employee Stock Purchase Plan - up to a 15% discount off of FMV of CCL stock
•Training - In-house Princess University courses on professional development
•Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives and free parking; special employee discounts for banking services and retail stores
Next Steps…For more than 140 years, Holland America Line has been a recognized leader in cruising, taking our guests to exotic destinations around the world. Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our application process is quick and easy, be sure to login to our Talent Center and create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Holland America Line is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.